Happy first day of FALL!
School is in session, we all survived the summer, and now (maybe just maybe) there’s a little time to catch up on you. Fall weather is some of my favorite and the fashion that follows the season is a little bit fun too. Let’s jump in and chat favorite things..
1. Primer + Foundation: First thing’s first! We all need a good “power couple.” A fresh looking face really does go a long way + you can do it quickly and on a budget. My 30 year old face isn’t near as low-maintenance as my 20 year old face was. This is where the primer comes in. I love Younique’s primer, it’s free of chemicals, and you can order yours here.
My favorite foundation keeps coming back to Urban Decay’s “Naked Skin.” Drop by any Sephora to be color matched. Fall weather brings pale skin, but at least we can sport that casper glow.
2. Knee High Boots: Invest in some of these so you can stop working out your legs all together! Your legs can look like Armageddon and these boots beautify the entire mess. Boots are so cold-weather appropriate, and knee highs can take you through fall, winter and spring. That’s why they’re worth the spend. I picked up these Lucky wedges during the Nordstrom sale and they’re easily one of my favorite purchases. Shorter girls, make sure you get a heel with some height so they don’t chop you off at the knees.
No outfit is complete without..
3. Mix + Match Jewelry: It has always worked out that my favorite necklaces/earrings/you name it are silver and my favorite rings/bracelets/whatever else are gold. Shh, let the angels sing for a minute.. No more! Silver, gold and other neutral jewelry can finally play together. These pretty pieces all came from Stella & Dot. Gold and silver are peanut butter and jelly this season and you can mix it up to your heart’s content.
PC: Kia Hanson
We’re already half done..
4. Bold Lips: I’ve tried many brands and many shades and I just keep coming back to MAC. Next time you’re near the cosmetics at Nordstrom or strolling past the MAC Store, wander in and have them match you to a bold shade that works well on specifically your skin tone, hair color and eye color. I walked out with this color, tailored to me, and my favorite thing about it is that’s it not for everyone. That’s the fun. And it’s called, “Have Your Cake,” so there’s that..
5. Dry Shampoo + Effortless Curls: My new favorite dry shampoo find is from Costco! It’s inexpensive + comes in an extra tall can, because mom life means going many days between shampoos. We need the extra product for the extra grease.
Once you’re squeaky clean again, a curl wand is a must. It takes about 5 minutes to wrap large sections of hair around and gets hot enough to curl and then recurl/reshape as often as you need. My favorite has always been Sultra. Smaller sections of hair yield tighter curls and larger sections give loose curls.
Last, but not least..
6. Mixing Texture: Think beyond just patterns this season; Think texture. I never thought of myself as a leather-pant-wearing girl (and I’m still not sure how I feel about it now), but I’m illustrating a point, so stay with me.. Combining textures like lace, suede, leather, fringe, etc, adds visual interest to an outfit. Try it!
Side note: Shortly after this picture was taken I had to go pickup my son from preschool. In leather pants.
Big shout out to Shawn for the majority of these images. www.2forepictures.com & facebook.com/2forepictures
Ok, now that we all know what’s up for FALL, you muuuuust go enter the giveaway for a shot at winning some of the things you just read about + even more cool swag.
Head here now to enter the giveaway!!