No fashion today, just deliciousness.
I jumped on the gluten-free + dairy-free bandwagon last fall and realized these cookies were missing from my life. I’ve also cut way down on how much sugar I consume, so naturally, I modified this recipe to fit my phase of life.
If you’re someone who eats pretty clean anyway, these still taste just like eating cookies!
I love that they’re packed with good stuff; I may or not eat them for breakfast some days. #momlife
These are simple + easy + delicious.
makes ~24 cookies
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2-3/4 Cup Honey (pure stuff – ours comes from the farmer’s market)
1/2 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk or Cocoa Almond Cashew Milk (found @ Trader Joe’s, I sometimes use 1/2 of each)
4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (pure stuff – should have one ingredient)
Pinch Pink Himalayan Salt
1/2 Cup Almond Butter (I use unsalted chunky)
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Cups Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- Add the first five ingredients into a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and hold for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add almond butter + vanilla into the mixture and stir until melted.
- Mix in the dry oats until they are completely coated.
- Drop cookies by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Let cool until set.
- Store sealed in the refrigerator for up to a week.